Wednesday, 8th September
High School and Junior School
First Day Back to School is almost here!
ENTRANCE TO THE SCHOOL
Please see here (https://medhigh.com/entrances/) the layout highlighting the entrances associated with each school (Junior School & High School).
- Parents & Guardians dropping off and/or picking up students are not allowed in school premises.
- Parents & Guardians visiting the Front Office can do so from 7:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (except during break time) and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will have to present a Safe Pass to enter the school.
MASKS AND SAFE PASS/RAPID TESTS
- For the first day back to school (Wednesday, 8th September) all High School students will have to present a Safe Pass to enter the school which can be one of the following options:
- 72 hours valid Rapid Test
- Certificate of Vaccination (3 weeks after the first dose)
- Certificate of Recovery
- All teachers (High School and Junior School) will be wearing masks in and outside the class at all times.
- A team from the Ministry of Health will be visiting the school twice a week to perform Rapid Tests to High School students (the exact days have not been confirmed by the Ministry yet).
- All High School students have to wear masks both in the class and during breaks. Masks can only be removed when eating or drinking.
- Wearing masks for all Junior School Students is optional, however, it is strongly recommended for the students of Grades 4, 5 and 6 by the Ministry of Health.
Health and Safety Protocols
- All school areas and A/C units have been disinfected.
- Doors and windows will be kept open throughout the lessons.
- All students will have to sanitise their hands before entering the classroom.
- All desks will be sanitised at the end of each lesson.
- All common areas will be cleaned and disinfected after each break.
- Students cannot share personal items such as books, stationery etc.
- Student temperature checks will be performed daily on a random basis.
- All Ministry of Health protocols concerning the seating arrangement in the class and social distancing will be applied.
We would like to ask from everyone to show the highest level of responsibility and co-operation, in order to make sure that our students are safe at school.
Please check your children on a daily basis with regards to the following list before sending them to school. It is our obligation to protect our children.
If your child or any other member of your family presents any of the symptoms listed below, the student:
- cannot come to school
- has to isolate at home (the school needs to be informed)
- has to contact the family physician/paediatrician to receive further guidance
List of Possible Covid-19 Symptoms
- Temperature (˃37.3oC repeated 3 times) with or without chills
- Trouble breathing
- Loss of taste or smell
- Blocked nose and/or sensitivity in the eyes
- Muscle aches
- Feeling weak and tired
- Sore throat
- Stomach pains
- Gastroenteritis symptoms (i.e. nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhoea)
- The child or a member of the family came into contact with a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 case in the last 14 days