21st November 2023
The Charity Club has once again arranged for the Larnaca Hospital Blood Bank to come to our school on Monday 4th December 2023 to set up a blood drive. All parents, teachers and pupils 18 years of age and over are welcome to donate blood which is always in short supply over the Christmas period. Pupils who are 17 years of age can also donate blood with parents written permission (form can be collected from the office).
If you would like to donate, please contact the school and leave your name and the time that you would like to come in (between 9:00 am – 11:30 am) by Friday 1st December.
We would like to thank you in advance for your help in such an important matter.
Med High Charity and Young Volunteers Club
Cc – Elena Mouzourou (Principal)
BLOOD DONATION GUIDELINES
- A light meal should be eaten one hour before blood donation.
- On completion of donation, you must remain on the bed for ten minutes before getting up to avoid dizzy spells.
- Smoking and long-distance driving should be avoided for an hour after donation.
- Drinking more liquids than usual should be avoided for the following four hours.
- You can return to work after blood donation but exercising and manual work should be avoided.
- Pressure should be applied to puncture to avoid swelling and bruising, but plaster should be removed after 3 hours.
- Bring blood donor card if you have one.