Guidelines for suspected COVID-19 cases
The Charity Club has once again arranged for the Larnaca Hospital Blood Bank to come to our school on Thursday 3rd December 2020 to set up a blood drive. All parents, teachers and pupils 18 years of age or over are welcome to donate blood which is always in short supply over the Christmas period. Pupils who are 17 years of age can also donate blood with parents written permission (see form below).
If you would like to donate please contact the school and leave your name and the time that you would like to come in (between 8:00 am – 11:00 am) by Wednesday 2nd December.
We would like to thank you in advance for your help in such an important matter.
Med High Charity and Young Volunteer Club.
BLOOD DONATION GUIDELINES
- A light meal should be eaten one hour before blood donation.
- On completion of donation you must remain on the bed for ten minutes before getting up to avoid dizzy spells.
- Smoking and long distance driving should be avoided for an hour after donation.
- Drinking more liquids than usual should be avoided for the following four hours.
- You can return to work after blood donation but exercising and manual work should be avoided.
- Pressure should be applied to puncture to avoid swelling and bruising, but plaster should be removed after 3 hours.
- Bring blood donor card if you have one.
As from Monday the 16th November the winter uniform can be worn by our students and by Monday the 30th of November it will be mandatory. The winter uniform consists of the shirt, the tie, the V-neck jumper, trousers/skirt, the anorak and black shoes/trainers. It is very important that only these school items are worn.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter.
Med High Administration
JUNIOR SCHOOL UNIFORM LETTER 6th November 2020
We would like to remind you that all Med High Junior school pupils are required to wear school uniform bearing the school’s logo.
Winter school uniform
- White long-sleeved polo shirt
- Charcoal trousers for boys
- Charcoal skort for girls (knee length) with black tights
- Bordeaux pullover
- Black anorak
- Black shoes/trainers
Physical Education uniform
- White short sleeved soft collar T-shirt
- Navy tracksuit bottoms
- Navy hooded top