At Med High Private School we value our pupils’ expectations and preferences. After thorough conversations with them, we devise an “Action Plan” which we will follow until the day they register for university. Our pupils nowadays have to make the most important decisions which will shape tremendously their future. Most colleges and universities set specific subjects as prerequisites in order to study certain courses. The wrong subject choices at high school level might disallow students to further on studying particular courses they enjoy. At Med High we work closely and consistently communicate with institutions of higher learning in order to keep our students updated about specific subject choices they need to make. In addition to that, assistance is provided about any specific Admission Tests that our students will need to take (IELTS/TOEFL – language proficiency, SAT – Aptitude Test, LNAT – Law, BMAT – Medicine and Vet, Portfolio work – Art & Design/Architecture, etc).For the UK universities, assistance is provided with the UCAS application which includes: accurate completion of personal information, personal statement, and reference letters. We supervise the communication flow daily with UCAS and discuss any issues immediately with our pupils. Guidance is also provided about translation and official certification of documents (Apolytirion, High School Leaving Certificate, ID, Passport, etc). Upon acceptance to university, we assist our pupils with their Accommodation preferences: research into different housing options, presentation and analysis of all alternatives, accurate completion of all paper work, daily communication with Accommodation offices, research into private halls of residence, confirmation of housing agreements/contracts. The next step is the completion of the student loan application and other funding options. We also research into bursaries and grants that may be offered by the college/university and prepare all paper work necessary to apply for these funds. Similar assistance is offered for applications to private universities in Cyprus and other countries in the world. Services:
- Orientation meeting to get to know each other and inform you about the services of the career counsellor.
- Detailed assessment interview to draw the right picture of our pupil’s profile, wants, needs, abilities, and expectations.
- Research and communication with academic institutions that match our pupils’ preferences. Check of entry requirements and any possible admission tests.
- Detailed analysis of academic institutions and selection of the best to proceed with application.
- UCAS application – precise completion of all required fields, assistance with personal statement, reference letters, and any other necessary information
- Separate university applications (depending on the country and the level which you are applying for)
- Complete admission test applications for IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, LNAT, BMAT, UKCAT, GAMSAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT
- Assistance for translation and certification of documents
- Accommodation research, application, and confirmation of residence agreements.
- Funding issues: complete paperwork, bursaries, grants, and scholarships
- Any time communication and information about progress of the different issues, applications, and replies.
- Orientation gatherings
- Academic Presentations
- Assistance with the choice of IGCSE, GCSE, LCCI, GCE A-Level and International A-Level subjects
- Arrangement of university fairs at the school grounds
- Arrangement of visits to institutions of higher learning in Cyprus
- Arrangement of visits to University Exhibitions in Cyprus